Sewing Machine Techniques – City & Guilds
City and Guilds Level 1 Sewing Machine techniques
IDC is proud to offer a City & Guilds in Fashion Sampling Techniques (City & Guilds Level 1 award in Fashion Sewing Machine Skills 7160 – 01 unit 104) a recognised qualification.
The course includes everything you need to know to get started in sewing, or if you are returning to sewing, then this is the course to give you renewed sewing confidence.
During this enjoyable course you will create your own unique sample folder of sewing techniques that covers all that is needed for garment construction.
Students will learn:
- How to thread a sewing machine
- What thread tension is and how to change it
- How to select and use different sewing machine feet
- Construction techniques including, a variety of seams several types of dart, Hems
- Fastenings including 3 zip variations, buttons and button holes, Picot and inserted elastic.
- Decorative techniques, Applique, patchwork, Decorative sewing, Piping and gathering with cord.
There is no end of course exam, as all marking is based on your folder of work created during the course.