We offer qualifications at Level 1 & 2 combined, this gives you great flexibility in your learning. It is delivered online with full support and throughout the course you will be able to reflect on your progress and ideas through email with your tutor. The course time is 2 years from date of enrolment. City and Guilds is an international awarding body and you will be registered with them as a student at the beginning of your course. To take part in this course you will need to be online, have access to a computer, printer, scanner and a camera (digital or manual, although digital is easier and quicker).
Level 2 Online Certificate in Millinery – What will it cover?
Module 1 – Colour – Colour theory and it’s application on millinery materials cost £175
Module 2 – Line & Mark Making – Design exploration and textiles techniques cost £175
Module 3 – Shape & Form – Design exploration (Blocks and Trims) cost £110
Module 4 – Texture – Fabric manipulation and dyeing techniques cost £110
Module 5 – Research – Researching tools and equipment, trends, milliners, exhibitions etc. cost £110
Module 6 – Samples – Sampling processes, stitches, materials etc. cost £110
Module 7 – Straw Hat cost £110
Module 8 – Felt Hat cost £110
Module 9 – Pattern Cut Hat cost £110
Modules 1 & 2 are a higher cost as they include City & Guilds registration fee.
Key features this course will cover
- How to measure the head correctly
- Block, press and stiffen a variety of materials in the correct sequence
- Recognise the characteristics of a range of millinery materials and fabrics
- Cut and adapt patterns for hats
- Make up a variety of hats using a range of materials
- Students will be taught how to “Block” a crown and brim and how to produce a flat pattern and make a hat from it
- Sourcing materials; Design, Millinery Techniques, Understanding face shapes, Using traditional techniques as well as innovative ones
- Total cost of online course is £1120