This is a list of all recreational classes for 2018
Feel free to call IDC on 01527 584840 for details
New Classes for Autumn
Saturday 22nd September, Saturday 6th Oct, Sat, 3rd Nov, Sat 1st Dec
City & Guilds Level 2 Textiles
10am – 4pm
The city and guilds course covers hand embroidery/free machine embroidery/design work and sampling
Tutor: Ruth Parkinson-Johns
Price on application, email Brenda direct
Classes run throughout the year
- Textiles/Art and Stitch with Ruth Parkinson-Johns, 10 week course, starting Friday, 12:30 – 3:00pm, Cost: £160
- Dressmaking with Susan Streeter (10 week session starting any Monday evening, 7 – 9 pm) – £160
- Sewing Wednesday’s 1:30 – 3:30pm – £30
- Basic Sewing and Fashion Skills – Wednesday all day or morning/afternoons, 9:30 – 12:30, 1:30 – 4:30pm. 3 hour session = £30, whole day =£60
- Corsetry & Theatre Costume; learn to make/design costumes/corsets,Wednesday, 10 – 4pm, £60
- We also run a series of weekend classes, once a month, for those wanting to learn Textiles, Corsetry, Tailoring, Fashion design – please call IDC on 01527 584840
October, 6th, Blanket Coat, 10 – 4pm, £60
Jenniffer Taylor, presenter on Craft & Create and author of “Girl With A Sewing Machine”, will show you how to make a simple, pattern free, garment called the Blanket Coat. The Blanket Coat was one of Jenniffer’s first projects and is especially suitable for those learning to sew, design and play with fabric.
October 27th, 10:30 – 3:00pm Sew Essentials: Measure Yourself
How to measure yourself correctly , creating a full body profile and how to adjust your patterns. Also, bring a commercial pattern that you may want to adjust and fit on the day.
On the day you need to wear a close fitting top , to make your measurements of your upper body correct
November, 17th, Sew Essentials with Jennie Taylor – Pockets, £35, 10.30 – 3pm
Join TV demonstrator Jenniffer Taylor as she shows you how to create pockets. Those essential items common to all clothes, but which can cause panic. Jenniffer will show you a range of pocket styles and how to make them with ease.