Theatre Costume – Level 2/3 – City & Guilds – Diploma
Learn the practical skills and knowledge to construct garments for theatre. You will construct a simple costume designed for the stage using fabrics purchased specifically for a theatrical production (‘real’ or simulated), a garment which has been re-designed/re-vamped and trimmed, coloured or re-constructed to create a completely different look and style from its original purpose and an accessory which could be used to compliment an historical costume or an accessory designed for use with a fantasy or carnival type costume. You will also complete design and research units as well as folder work to support your garments.
During the course you will:
- study and research a variety of themes and periods appropriate to stage costume design
- draw figures and costumes with or without the use of figure templates
- measure and record body sizes
- develop and expand design ideas through 2D drawings and paintings and 3D artefacts
- recognise the practical and aesthetic properties of a range of fibres and fabrics
- understand the care and laundering properties of the most commonly used fabrics
- use tools, equipment and hazardous materials carefully and safely
- experiment with different media and techniques to create specific and unique effects
- assess the cost effectiveness of production methods and use of materials.
Fees – Level 2 Diploma £1595 or Level 3 Diploma £4785
Call IDC on 01527 584840 or Brenda (the Director) on 07966 497783