Pattern Cutting – City & Guilds Level 2
Learn the practical skills and knowledge to construct basic blocks and patterns for a shirt, bodice, skirt, trousers, one piece and two piece dress. You will then create adaptions for three of these. You will also complete design and research units as well as folder work to support your garments.
During the course you will:
- measure and record body sizes accurately
- use tape measures, rules, curves, right angles and other tools and equipment correctly and safely
- draw 1/4 or 1/5 scale blocks and patterns to record adaptations
- manipulate darts and dispose of fullness
- create style lines by moving seams
- adapt blocks, in full size or in scale as appropriate, to include princess lines, panels, gores, pleats, gathers, yokes, vents, tucks and button stands
- draft collars, cuffs, facings, pockets and waistbands as detailed below
- make clear design sketches/drawings
- mark up patterns correctly, as appropriate, showing grain lines, balance marks, piece name, client name, fold lines, pleat lines, button holes, placement lines, etc.
Call IDC on 01527 584840 or Brenda (the Director) on 07966 497783
Fees – £2995