Learn the practical skills and knowledge to construct fashion garments. You choose to make three items from the options below:
- Top, blouse, shirt or simple jacket a waistcoat and a skirt
- Top, blouse, shirt or simple jacket a waistcoat and a pair of trousers
- One piece dress, a waist slip and a waistcoat.
You will also complete design and research units as well as folder work to support your garments.
During the course you will:
- measure and record body sizes accurately
- recognise the characteristics of a range of fibres – natural and man-made and the basic fabrics made from them
- prepare fabrics for cutting and stitching and make an accurate lay
- handle fabrics correctly during cutting, stitching and pressing
- select pattern styles to compliment a variety of figure shapes
- adjust patterns as necessary
- finish garments correctly
- understand the care requirements for the garments made
Please note, we no longer offer City & Guilds in Fashion.