Learn the practical skills and knowledge to construct a strapless half cup, underwired bra, a cupped bra corset extending to the hip line and a waspie or bustier extending to the waistline. You will also complete design and research units as well as folder work to support your garments.
During the course you will:
- measure and record body sizes accurately
- recognise the characteristics of a range of fabrics and haberdashery for fashion corsetry including eyelets, hooks and hook tape, zips – open and closed end, cup wires, spiral, rigid nylon and steel boning
- use tools and equipment carefully and safely, particularly boning, cup wires, and eyelet tools
- handle fabrics correctly during cutting, fitting, stitching and pressing
- select and develop designs for comfort and style, particularly in the case of boning and underwiring
- adjust patterns as necessary to achieve a close fitting garment
- finish garments correctly, ensuring that the wearer is protected against bone and wire ends
- understand the care requirements for the completed garments
Please note, we no longer offer City & Guilds in Corsetry.